Lemongrass essential oil
I. What is Lemongrass Essential Oil?
Cymbopogon flexuosus is a lemongrass of the genus Lemongrass (this genus includes many lemongrass varieties such as lemongrass, ginger lemongrass, lemongrass …)
Lemongrass oil contains citral content of high content (usually about 65% – 85%).
Citral has a chemical name of 3.7-dimethyl-2,6-octadienal, a light yellow liquid with a lemon-like odor, insoluble in water, soluble in glycerol or benzyl or benzoate.
Citral: Chemical formula is C10H16O or C9H15CHO. Formulation formula: [(CH3) 2C = CHCH2CH2C (CH3) = CHCHO]
Citral’s formulaic formulation is in two forms:
• a Citral a (Geranial): trans-2,7-dimethyletha-2,6-diene, with strong lemon
• b. Citral b (Neral): cis-2,7-dimethylacetyl 2,6-diene, lemongrass but milder, not as strong as geranial
Molecular mass: 152.24 g / mol
Specific gravity: 0.888 g / ml
Boiling point: 229oC
The compound is unsaturated aldehyde, one of the most important aldehydes of lemon grass oil, Citral is also found in camphor oil, lemon essential oil
Citral has strong antimicrobial activity, is capable of banishing insects such as mosquitoes and is used to synthesize vitamin A
That is why lemongrass oil has lemon flavor, because the oil contains high citral content that citral lemon flavor.
II. 5 uses lemongrass essential oil
Unlike many people mistaken, lemongrass oil is extracted from leaves and lemongrass stalk – the herb of the family Poaceae. Essence from lemongrass lemon contains a lot of vitamins A, B2, B2, B3, B5, C, Folate. There are also minerals magnesium, manganese, potassium, zinc, iron …
With these ingredients, Lemongrass essential oil brings a lot of different uses for health, living environment:
– Deodorize, bactericidal: High Citral content in this oil has the ability to antibacterial, anti-mushroom extremely strong. Therefore, using lemongrass essential oil will help clean the air, deodorize effectively, while removing bacteria, reduce the virus.
Fragrant fragrant soft smelling coughing unpleasant odors such as cigarette, mold, smell of pets, odor …
– Stress relief, stress: The mild scent of Lemongrass essential oil will help improve the nervous system, mental alertness, mental concentration, treatment of memory loss. Steamed with lemon grass essential oil helps blood circulation, resolve.
– Mosquitoes and insects: Lemon lemongrass is very pleasant to humans, but it is the “insect” of insects, especially mosquitoes. Because this fragrance makes them lose control, do not distinguish the direction of flight. Lemon Lemongrass Oil is widely used to prevent insects.
– Healing wounds: Just wash the wound with warm water and lemon grass oil helps to heal wounds, bruises heal faster. In addition, the anti-bacterial properties of this oil also help prevent and support the treatment of acne, beautiful smooth skin.
– Healthy shiny hair: Like the bouquet, when washing with lemon grass essential oil will help to clean the dandruff, smooth hair, reduce the phenomenon of fracture.
Note when used
All information is for reference only.
Do not eat, drink or drop oil on the eyes and sensitive skin.
Not used for pregnant women, children under 6 months.
Always close the lid of the oil when not in use.
Do not let the oil soak.
Do not leave in direct sunlight
Lemongrass essential oil is non-toxic but irritating, if your skin is sensitive or is not suitable for bathing or massage.
III. Contact us
Lemon Lemongrass Oil is grown and extracted in Vietnam with high quality and large quantity contributing to the development of Vietnam agriculture. Please contact us to be connected with the oil producing plants. lemon grass in water.